Episode 165 Quick Summary
In Episode 165 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with branding extraordinaire Don Tolep for a candid conversation about the impact of storytelling in personal branding. Throughout this conversation, you’ll discover what makes a person gravitate to the world of brand strategy, brands that have told great stories over the years, personal brands that have suffered because their inner circle didn’t have their best interests at heart, and a look at the development of a special project Don is part of known as Tranquility Drive.
The Goods From Don Tolep
- Visit Don’s website today | ogkcreative.com
- Connect with Don on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Tranquility Drive and subscribe to their newsletter | Click here
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Regardless whether you’re building your personal brand, a lifestyle brand, a corporate brand, or any other type of brand you can think of, your story will be a driving force that puts you on the map and gives the right people a reason to resonate with you. Don’t be afraid to tap into your authenticity and share that story with the volume turned all the way up!
- Are you surrounding yourself with people who elevate you or people who bring you down? Be aware of who you surround yourself with and be sure your inner circle has your best interest at heart. As the great Jim Rohn once said, “You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with”
- Don’t overcomplicate your story to the point that it stops being a story and it becomes a sales pitch. Sticking to the authenticity of your story will help you keep things succinct and do what it needs to push your brand forward
- The differences between personal brands, lifestyle brands, and corporate brands
- What does brand mean to you?
- Why you can’t jump into marketing until your branding message is dialed in
- What made branding an attractive career choice for Don?
- A look at some personal brand mistakes (the Ja Morant story)
- What NOT to do as you develop a personal brand
- How an inner circle member can potentially damage your brand (the Lonzo Ball story)
- The difference between core friends and mentors
- Is social media still “social?”
- How to define and tell your authentic story
- An inside look at Tranquility Drive