Episode 166 Quick Summary
In Episode 166 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with Robert White, an entrepreneur responsible for creating one of the biggest training brands in the world. Throughout this discussion, you’ll discover how a radio appearance at the age of 10 led to some big things in Robert’s life, how he built a successful company…then lost everything, what happens when you don’t put emphasis on building your personal brand, and the impact “absentee leadership” has on the culture of an organization.
The Goods From Robert White
- Connect with Robert on his website and subscribe to “The Extraordinary Minute” | therobertwhite.com
- Pick up a copy of Robert’s book | Click here
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Once you start getting comfortable with your communication skills on one medium (as a podcast host or guest, for example), those skills will translate to other aspects of your life, both personally and professionally. You’ll be able to have deeper, more meaningful conversations with friends, family, colleagues, and clients because you put emphasis on the fundamentals of communication and connection
- The most limiting belief in the world is “I am not enough.” You may be able to operate while this belief plays tricks in your mind, but true long-term success will be tough to obtain. As Robert says, “you can have a negative purpose and accomplish a lot…but it will not include joy and fulfillment”
- For any leader, you manage the conversation or someone else will. The conversations that take place will dictate the culture within your company and if you’re not the leader taking control, everything can go the wrong way at a rapid pace
- Robert shares his story and how his brand has evolved over the years
- How did Robert break into radio…at the age of 10?!
- How Robert built a wildly successful brand….and how it all came tumbling down
- What can happen if you fail to put emphasis on growing and developing a personal brand?
- If you are removed from being a face within your brand, will your team see you differently?
- How Robert overcame the failures and made necessary changes in his business and professional life
- How to “walk your talk”
- What happens when leaders don’t deal with an employee acting negatively
- Is the art of having a difficult conversation getting lost?
- FACT: Your lack of dealing with problem employees or problems in general is being viewed AND talked about by others
- The first step you need to take to put more emphasis on your personal brand