Episode 053 Sponsor
Episode 053 of Evolution of Brand is sponsored by Guest Accelerator! Discover how to build your brand and enhance your visibility as a fully-optimized, value-driven podcast guest today.
The Goods From Clint Arthur
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- You need to be someone special in the eyes of customers and prospects. Do you present yourself as someone special? These items require you to be focused, but when you do it, your personal brand will soar
- You owe it to yourself, your customers, and the world to SHOW UP
- Just like the title of the show says, who you are is more important than what you sell. As Clint says, “The sooner you understand how life works, the quicker you’ll stop wasting time trying to sell quality products…and instead, raise your status in the eyes of your customers and prospects. That’s way better and more important than having the highest quality product.”
4:51 – An inside look at Clint’s book, Wisdom of the Men, which has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, as well as some insight into Clint’s past and lessons he’s learned throughout his experiences
9:18 – Do we put Hollywood celebrities on a pedestal in vain because of who they are or should we be treating them as equals who have simply accomplished more at this present time?
– Fame is relative. Dr. Oz is famous in America, but not in other parts of the world. But Mick Jagger has worldwide fame and would be recognized anywhere he ventures
– “The sooner you understand how life works, the quicker you’ll stop wasting time trying to sell quality products…and instead, raise your status in the eyes of your customers and prospects. That’s way better and more important than having the highest quality product” — Clint
– Quality is subjective
– Putting yourself center stage and making yourself the face of your brand will raise your profile and make you more attractive to new customers while keeping current customers coming back for more
13:14 – What strategies does Clint emphasize (other than understanding that who you are is more important than what you sell) to help brands grow and thrive?
– The amount of your personal celebrity can be influenced by the people you spend the most time with
15:10 – A celebrity encounter of Clint’s that went 100% the opposite of how he expected it to go
19:40 – An important lesson Clint learned at the Wharton Business School AND how a simple message got him back into writing after he had quit TWICE in his life
22:37 – What criteria is looked at in the Pulitzer Prize nominations?
– In the simplest of terms: A GREAT BOOK!
– Someone who puts their heart and soul into the creation of their book
24:10 – In the creative process, did Clint experience any points where he felt he was going the wrong direction with his story?
27:04 – How did the people closest to Clint feel about him driving a taxi in Hollywood after graduating from the Wharton Business School?
– It takes 10 years to become an overnight success in Hollywood!
– In order for things to change, YOU have to change
31:37 – Clint’s experience being in Las Vegas during the mass shooting event that took place on the Strip in 2017 and what he learned from it
36:50 – A story from Clint’s experience that proves how much power lays in showing up