Episode 054 Sponsor
Episode 054 of Evolution of Brand is sponsored by Guest Accelerator! Discover how to build your brand and enhance your visibility as a fully-optimized, value-driven podcast guest today.
The Goods From Michael Buzinski
- Connect with Michael on his website | buzzworthy.biz
- Get your copy of The Rule of 26 today | Ruleof26.com
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- One of the silver linings of the COVID-19 pandemic was how normal it became to work with people in a virtual environment. It is now possible to build a virtual culture by recruiting talent from all corners of the world that will play an active role in growing your brand and taking your presence to new heights
- Do not be afraid to sever ties quickly with people who do not meet your expectations. Keeping someone in place who is toxic to your culture can lead to many, many long-term issues that, in some cases, could lead to the downfall of your operations
- Humans can only focus on one thing 100% of the time. So if you put two things in front of them, you divide their focus and confusion sets in. When you confuse people with your brand messaging, you inadvertently push them away and cost yourself opportunities
7:07 – How Michael has grown and evolved as a professional over the years and why the American Marketing Association has dubbed him “a visionary marketer”
8:51 – Surrounding yourself with great leaders and letting those leaders tap into their abilities…
– Michael was ahead of the COVID-19 lockdowns by going fully remote a year before COVID hit
– It’s all about recruitment! You have to build the right team around you to build a company or else you won’t own a company…you’ll own a job
– The people you recruit have to buy into your brand, your culture, and your ethos. They also need to believe in you and that you’re the person who can follow through on your vision
– Your recruits don’t have to be a leader the minute you bring them into the fold. But they need to have those traits
– Only hire the best! And when people don’t live up to your expectations, you need to let them go fast
– Keeping the wrong people around too long can cause major long-term issues for your desired growth
11:54 – What told Michael it was time to rebrand his company from a multi-million dollar creative agency into an integrated marketing firm?
15:56 – One of the silver linings of COVID was how it normalized the idea of building your team on a virtual level and bringing talent into your organization from across the globe
– Allows you to reach beyond the limits that a commute allows
– You can grow and expand even if you’re in a very remote location (like, as in Michael’s case, Anchorage, Alaska)
18:08 – How do you build a virtual culture within your brand?
– Find people who thrive working in the home environment
– “Your culture is a product of your brand”
19:42 – What is the biggest mistake entrepreneurs and professionals make when it comes to digital marketing today?
– Are you taking your website marketing seriously?
21:43 – People don’t buy a product or service. They buy transformation! And your brand has to speak to people in that respect
– If you’re a service-based business, you’re doing one of two things:
1. Solving a problem (aka overcoming a pain)
2. Delivering a dream
– If you have a dream of fitting into a bathing suit, the problem is part of the process…and the end result is the dream of being in the bathing suit. Let’s talk about the dream so we don’t confuse people!
– The human brain can only focus on one thing 100% of the time. If you give them two things, focus splits and confusion sets in
– When you confuse people with your brand, you inadvertently push them away
– You will make more money focusing on one problem or one dream than trying to appease all the problems and deliver all the dreams!
24:33 – Where can your voice be heard the most? Is there a better approach than trying to be everywhere?
– A lot of messaging will tell you that you need to be active EVERYWHERE. But when you do this, your bandwidth is spread so thin, you can’t give proper attention to ANY of those platforms and you end up getting nothing done
– If you have LOTS of money and many people, you can build that presence everywhere. But as a solopreneur, you need to build within the confines of what you can manage
– How many clients are you equipped to take on in a month’s time?
– All people are everywhere! Build your presence where you have the most fun creating content AND where your target audience spends their time
29:11 – A major problem Buzz has solved in the evolution of his brand that added value to his community
32:32 – What is The Rule of 26, how does it work, and why should you adhere to these principles?
– Pick up your copy of The Rule of 26 today!
37:32 – Can businesses do SEO on their own and when is the best time to hire/outsource to a website marketing agency like Buzzworthy?
– Yes, you can do it by yourself. But how well you do it will depend on the tools you’re using
– When you want to take things to a new level and keep your focus in your zone of genius, outsourcing your website marketing makes complete sense