Episode 112 Is Brought to You By…
…my voice over services! Are you in need of a charismatic voice for your next audio project? I’ve got your covered!
Episode 112 Quick Summary
In Episode 112 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with space making expert Daniel Sih for a game-changing conversation about digital addiction, digital overuse, and why we need time away from our devices to maintain balance in our lives. Daniel is the author of the award-winning book Spacemaker: How to Unplug, Unwind, and Think Clearly in the Digital Age and today, he’s bringing all his insight and wisdom to the microphone. In this discussion, you’ll discover why you need balance when it comes your digital usage, the impact digital overuse has on your productivity, mindset, and relationships, and practical tips and strategies for introducing digital detox into your world.
The Goods From Daniel Sih
- Connect with Daniel and learn more about Space Makers | spacemakers.com.au
- Get Your Copy of Spacemaker: How to Unplug, Unwind, and Think Clearly in the Digital Age Today
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Your brain NEEDS the break from the connections you have to digital products and media platforms. If your job requires you to be online most of the day, then you spend your off-work hours watching Netflix, scrolling Instagram, etc, you overload your brain and build an unhealthy reliance on digital connection, which can leave you feeling unrested and completely drained
- The #1 thing you can do to improve your health is to spend time with loved ones! Doing this sans digital technology only enhances the health benefits found within this activity. Enjoy as many digital-free meals with your family, friends, roommates, colleagues, and others in your circle as you can
- A research study revealed that some people preferred to electrocute themselves with painful shocks instead of having 6-15 minutes in a room without technology to think their own thoughts (!!!)
- Some background on Daniel, what he does, and what’s happened as his brand has evolved over the years
- Discoveries Daniel made about digital overuse and addiction while writing Spacemaker
- The reasons why we don’t have “space” or allow us to be bored in today’s online world
- What is a “digital sabbath” and why should we embrace it?
- Significant impacts digital overuse can have that are relatable to addictions to drugs, alcohol, and overeating
- Why technology isn’t a bad thing…but overusing it can be
- The importance of having meals with loved ones that are completely removed from technology and distractions
- Research and statistics that support the benefits of having a digital-free meal once a day
- How the perceived quality of conversations drops when your phone is sitting on the table
- The many positives digital technology offers and how to use it in moderation
- Small daily habits you can do to begin tampering your reliance on being tethered to your devices
- Have we ever had anything in the history of humankind that has impacted our brains to this degree?
- How digital overuse and addiction impacts your ability to grow your brand