Episode 141 Quick Summary
In Episode 141 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with author, speaker, podcaster, and IP attorney LaConya Murray for an in-depth conversation about self-limiting beliefs. Throughout this conversation, you’ll discover why humans tend to look at the negatives before the positives, some of the self-limiting beliefs both LaConya and Jason have faced, where self-limiting beliefs stem from, and steps you can take to overcome self-limiting beliefs and tap into your full potential.
The Goods From LaConya Murray
- Connect with LaConya on her website and choose your own adventure! | Click here
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Self-limiting beliefs can stem from all of the information and messaging telling us you can be doing so many things better and, when you don’t live up to what you’ve consumed, you start to question yourself. It can also stem from your upbringing – if you have people in your formative years embedding negative thoughts, it can continue to persist as you become an adult. Accentuate the positives at all times!
- No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER please 100% of your audience 100% of the time. There will always be people who disagree…and that’s OK! Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. That said, if someone takes time out of their day to leave a negative comment on something you post online, that’s more of a reflection on them than it is on you
- Self-sabotage and a fear of success is a self-limiting belief that can absolutely derail you without warning. It seems counterintuitive to your efforts, but new levels of success lead to new challenges you need to face. For some people, that may be too much…so they’ll flirt with stepping over the finish line without fully committing so they remain in their comfort zone
- LaConya shares the evolution of her brand and how she niched down her law practice
- The steps LaConya took to niche down without losing the network she worked hard to build
- Why we, as humans, always fixate on the negatives instead of the positives
- Reasons why you can’t let the negative comments on digital platforms derail your spirit (especially when ONE negative comment is surrounded by COUNTLESS positive ones)
- Why you need to accentuate the positives at all times
- How to stop being your own worst critic
- An exercise in reflection that will help you overcome self-limiting beliefs
- Does a fear of success (self-sabotage) lead to self-limiting beliefs?
- Why a strong mindset will help you overcome putting the cart 50 yards in front of the horse
- Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems vs. Mo’ Money, NO Problems
- You are a product of the five people you spend the most time with…choose your circle wisely!