Episode 144 Quick Summary
In Episode 144 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with blogging and digital marketing aficionado Chris Myles. Throughout this conversation, you’ll discover how Chris was able to leave his 9-5 job thanks to blogging, why blogging still plays a major role in building relationships and connecting with ideal clients in 2023, how podcast complements the blogging world and can be used to amplify blog content, and tips and strategies you can implement to make blogging AND podcasting a more impactful part of your brand building efforts.
The Goods From Chris Myles
- Connect with Chris and get more valuable blogging tips and strategies | bloggerevolution.com
- Subscribe to The Blogger Evolution Podcast on your favorite podcast medium today | On Apple Podcasts | On Spotify
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- You should never fear failure. The bigger thing to fear is regret. Failure is inevitable AND there’s a ton to learn from your mistakes. But regret is hard to rectify and, looking back, there may be chances you wish you took if you failed to take action in the moment
- We all start at square one. On a scale of 1 to 10, you don’t need to be a 10 to help others achieve their goals. If you’re a 4, you can position your message to resonate with the 1s, 2s, and 3s and help them progress on their success journey. In turn, this experience will help your skills and “ranking” increase as well
- A typical Google user doesn’t go beyond Page 1 in their search results. When you look beyond those Page 1 results, the information starts to move further and further away from your desired solution in most cases. This is an excellent way for bloggers to identify opportunity and discover how to content to rank in a better position to be discovered and, over time, move up the ranks to the top results
- Chris tells the story of how his brand has evolved and how he was able to make the leap into full-time blogging
- What Chris did to tell the imposter syndrome voice in his mind to shut the hell up!
- Why you don’t need to be a “10” on a scale of 1 to 10 to help others achieve their goals
- The importance of attracting the right people at the right time and why your message won’t resonate with everyone
- Why blogging is still a valuable approach for communication and attracting new clients
- What types of blogging are dead and what types are thriving today
- A crash course in SEO and Google rankings
- A statistic about overall digital content on the Internet that will blow your mind 🤯
- What you’ll learn when you listen to Chris’ podcast, Blogger Evolution
- How to amplify blog posts with podcasts
- Why being a podcast guest is a powerful way to enhance your Google presence AND connect with the right people at the right time
- One of the most important aspects of podcast content you need to understand today
- Why is retention time, or dwell time, so important to blogging and search engine success?
- Is competition in the blogging space healthy?
- Why you should never copy content from other websites and blogs in your own blog copy
- Is there saturation in the blogging space?
- What will happen for your brand and your marketing efforts if you “niche down until it hurts?”