Episode 131 Quick Summary
In Episode 131 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with author and branding extraordinaire Pamela Wilson for an in-depth conversation about personal branding, business branding, and the role each of them play in your efforts. Throughout this discussion, you’ll discover pros and cons of putting all of your emphasis on business with less attention spent on personal branding (and vice versa), how to strike a balance between business and personal branding so it benefits your results, examples of powerful brands that have truly captivated their audiences while changing the world (both business and personal), and why gaining trust and establishing authority in your space will make or break the evolution of YOUR brand.
The Goods From Pamela Wilson
- Get your hands on Pamela’s Revenue Revolution Toolkit | Click here
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Understanding the long-term goals for your brand is important. If you intend to sell it in the future, it can be more difficult if the brand is built around your name. It can still be done, but it’s harder for the brand to carry the name of an individual when that individual is no longer part of the operations
- We are suckers for a good story. And when a brand emerges that we fall in love with, it’s not always just about that brand itself…it’s about the person (or people) behind the brand that we want to know more about. As our loyalty to that brand grows, we want to know who are they, how did they build the brand, and what’s the story behind their success
- The power of content marketing cannot be overlooked. It’s important to find an approach that best suits your strengths AND keeps you invested in the process. Whether it be podcasting, blogging, videos, social media campaigns, email, or a combination of all or some of those items, putting the most helpful content in front of your ideal customer is going to provide a significant boost to the trust they have in you
- An inside look at how Pamela’s brand has evolved over the years
- An understanding that you don’t have to be married to the decisions you make
- Personal branding vs. business branding: does it make sense to try to differentiate between the two?
- How to develop your brand if you intend to sell it in the future
- Are entrepreneurs leaning more towards thinking “with the end in mind” or are they still fixated on their business being “their baby?”
- A look at powerful brands that have been built around an individual – Tony Robbins, Grant Cardone, Gary Vaynerchuk, Sara Blakely – and how you think of those people BEFORE you think of their business brand
- Pros and cons about putting heavy emphasis on building your business brand first
- Pros and cons about putting heavy emphasis on building your personal brand first
- Some of the obstacles Pamela faced when she made the transition from a business brand to putting more emphasis on personal brand
- How personal branding offers an opportunity to simplify social media presence
- Does establishing authority speak more to personal branding or business branding?
- The rise of content marketing and how it builds authority around specific topics that will help your ideal customers
- Why dominating one content-generating platform can have a significant impact on your brand (and your sanity)
- How to position your brand to attract your ideal customer
- A valuable exercise that will give you insight into how to impact your customers in a positive way