Episode 108 Is Brought to You By…
…my new Podcast Guesting Audit. If podcast guesting is part of your brand-building anatomy, this will be one of the best investments you ever make.
Episode 108 Quick Summary
In Episode 108 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with THE Brand Name Badass, Alexandra Watkins, for a next-level conversation about the power of brand names and taglines. Throughout this episode, you’ll discover how the foundation of your brand revolves around the name you choose, what makes a brand name stand out, how to brainstorm potential names for your brand, products, and courses that make people smile and not scratch their heads, and why it’s never too late to change your brand name if you feel something more fitting is in order.
The Goods From Alexandra Watkins
- Connect with Alexandra, test your brand name, and check out her mini masterclass on her website | eatmywords.com
- Follow Alexandra on LinkedIn
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- Your brand name defines your identity. When choosing your brand name, you should never rush the process or simply settle on something just so you can move on to other tasks. Your name needs to speak to who you are, what you do, and grab people’s attention. AND, at the same time, be something you’re proud to represent. Take your time and land on something you love
- Your brand name needs to make people smile when they think of it…not scratch their heads wondering what it means, how to say it, or whether or not it’s a typo. If a name you’re thinking about makes you scratch your head, scratch it off the list
- People don’t have time to look up your name and, in most cases, you’re not going to be there to explain it to them. Therefore, it makes much more sense to be straightforward and creative versus ambiguous and confusing. Think like your customer!
- Why Alexandra became known as the “Brand Name Badass”
- How her book “Hello, My Name Is Awesome” completely changed the game for her career
- The importance of brand name from inception…and sometimes even before
- What are some of Alexandra’s famous brand names? SPOILER ALERT: One of the most famous burgers featuring bacon was named by Alexandra
- Brand names Alexandra loves
- The creative process Alexandra uses to come up with catchy, fitting brand names and taglines and if she ever struggles landing on a name and/or tagline that fits
- How long the naming process takes and why you should never rush it, which could lead to regret down the road
- Why certain snack foods have incredible brand names
- An inside look at Alexandra’s S.M.I.L.E and S.C.R.A.T.C.H. approaches to brand naming
- Is it ever too late to change your brand name?