Episode 163 Quick Summary
In Episode 163 of Evolution of Brand, Jason Cercone shares the mic with customer experience aficionado Colin Shaw. Throughout this conversation, you’ll discover how the idea of customer experience has evolved over time, how Colin has built his LinkedIn following AND email subscriber list to 6-figure numbers and counting, mistakes brands make when building a customer experience, and the main components necessary for creating and maintaining a strong customer experience throughout your brand.
The Goods From Colin Shaw
Top 3 Takeaways From This Value-Packed Conversation
- There is a difference between customer service and customer experience. A customer experience is any time that a customer interacts with your brand at any point (call center, brick and mortar shop, 1:1, billboard, social media, podcasts, etc). Customer service is a part of the overall experience a customer has with your brand
- “There’s only one thing worse than being talked about…and that’s not being talked about.” — Oscar Wilde | This means you need to be out in the world talking about your brand and talking about what you do. You have to be consistent in this effort and continue pushing if you expect good things to happen
- No matter what industry you’re in, you’re dealing with people. You have different experiences that are based on how you act as an individual. This drives decision-making on an emotional and psychological level
- Is there a separation between customer service and customer experience?
- Colin shares how his brand has evolved over the years
- How Colin built his LinkedIn following AND email subscriber list to 6-digits (and counting)
- The reason you have to put in consistent effort even when you don’t see results immediately
- How the podcast platform has impacted Colin’s personal brand growth and development
- How to build a strong experience that build loyalty with your customer base
- The four components you need to understand to build a memorable experience within your brand
- Has customer service fallen off a cliff in today’s world?
- A great example of building a customer experience (shout out to Canva)
- How does subjectiveness factor into customer experience?
- The best place to start if you want to emphasize customer experience to a larger degree